While Iowa’s time being relevant runs out, here are some items piling up on the desk. It’s The Hanging Shad’s “Apropos of Nothing.”
1. Here’s what I am appalled by, annoyed by and/or totally sick of:
a. The fact that lily white and old Iowa and New Hampshire shape the presidential race for the whole country
b. Bernie Sanders’ supporters’ self-righteous attitude
c. Ben Carson’s stories about hitting his moms on the head with a hammer and his alleged stabbing of another family member. However, I do want to fall asleep in a big, squishy couch of his voice.
d. Hillary Clinton
e. Bill Clinton
f. Morons who wait hours in line to see Donald “PT Barnum” Trump
2. I am pleased that in the last GOP debate, Marco Rubio admitted that Jesus Christ is ahead of him on the savior list. In a related development, Ted Cruz says the new movie “Risen” is about him.
3. “The Big Short” is a great movie. It makes one understand, at least a little bit, what Elizabeth Warren is so upset about.
4. Hey Bernie, we do care about her “damned emails.”
5. I “felt the Bern.” Took an anti-acid and now I feel fine.
6. Here’s the headline out of Lecanto, Florida: “Woman arrested for riding motorized cart through Walmart while eating chicken, drinking wine.” Awesome. Here’s the story:
7. I have to listen to this all the time, every day:
8. These are the “Freedom Kids.” It’s also a sign of the apocalypse:
9. You think the name “Redskins” or the image of Chief Wahoo are offensive? Check out the town seal of Whitesboro, New York. I think the village’s name gives it away.
10. THIS somewhat explains why Donald Trump is leading the polls in this country.