It turns out, there was a Democratic presidential primary debate last night. Tens of thousands of viewers must now use their Obamacare to be treated for alcohol poisoning from playing the Bernie “Billionaires!” drinking game. The takeaways:
– The winner? Hillary.
– Second place? Downton Abbey.
– The loser? Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder.
– Optics and body language count. The two candidates were physically close on stage. Bernie, obviously taller, snapping at and telling Hillary, “I’m talking!” didn’t look good. Looked Rick Lazio-ish.
– Bernie got absolutely buried on the gun control issue, unable to explain his vote (5 times) against the Brady Bill and for the bill granting gun manufacturers from lawsuits.
– Finally! I was waiting for them to address the Import-Export Bank issue, said NO ONE EVER!
– The questions from the audience in Flint were better tonight than the random bozos from Facebook or Twitter.
– Watching this debate compared to the GOP forum last week was not just like watching different parties. It was like two different political systems entirely.
– Bernie: “When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to live in a ghetto.” Way to show you’re in touch with all poor people.
– Both candidates have annoying quality of voice. #MorganFreemanforPrez.
Bernie: “billionaires!” “Wall Street!”
Hillary: “Knock down barriers!”